Welcome to my life...

where everything comes alive...

Image by FlamingText.com
Image by FlamingText.com

Monday, August 09, 2004

Happy 39 Birthday Singapore!!!! May the Singaporean roar stay alive forever!!!!

Before I start blabbing, I would also like to wish Daphne a wonderful birthday! Ok, now I can blab...

I started my morning by watching tv before heading to Eastpoint to get Rehana a farewell gift. Let's see, I got her 3 things: a friendship keychain, a friendship book and a friendship bookmark, hehe. It was great having her in ELDDS and I'm so gonna miss her after tmr (her bbq).

After that, I went to the MRT station to wait for Zhi Xin and everyone else coming for the class gathering at Zhi Xin's condo. It was kinda early and so I was the first... Next I saw Abbas, then Andrea, then Sang Jin and all the others. No sight of the other girls and after some time, the ratio of boys to girls is 8:1. Zhi Xin then asked us to go on first while he waits for anyone else coming. So off we go, Abbas, Andrea, Sang Jin, Kenneth, Marcus, Heng Ky and Chuan Li to Melville Park. I felt so out of place. I mean... the only girl!!! Hello!!!

When we reached the basketball court, we saw Galvin, Ren Liang, Song Wei and Samuel already there. At first I didn't know what to do. I wanted to join the basketball game but they looked so rough. The street soccer game, nah, dun feel like emptying my stomach of any air. The tennis game, oh no no, I'm not gonna embarrass my opponent infront of the other tennis players.

Then Zhi Xin said he wanted to go to his house and asked if I wanted to follow him so I can chat with Si Hui, Shi Yun and Karen. Along the way, we met Emily and Shen Shen. Since the two girls were heading to the basketball court I decided to turn back with them. When we reached the basketball court, I noticed no one was playing basketball. So well, I took the ball without hesitation and started shooting some goals as I used to. After awhile, Galvin and Billy joined me and we played ABC. I just love that as it's not so competitive or rough. Galvin was in first position, me second and Billy last, hehe. Galvin kept saying I scored 'cos of netball luck. Ahem, I'm not even in netball... It's just I used to play a lot of ABC in primary school. So well... we continued playing until almost all the rest had gone to the bbq pit. It was left with me, Samuel, Sang Jin and Ren Liang. We shot a few more goals before packing up to go to the bbq pit. Oh man... these guys are so not gentleman, I actually had to TELL them to help bring the things.

At the bbq pit, we saw that all the food had been laid out. Before long, the cooler tub was filled with two watermelons, several bottles of drinks and... just a packet of ice?? and the pit was lit. It's sad though that I had to go home already...

At home, I watched the NDP parade of course. The best part is obviously the fireworks but the tribute to PM Goh was just as touching. I realised how much he had done for Singapore as PM. And now, he'll step down on 12th Aug. Singapore moved forward alongside him and SM Lee. Luckily the new PM seems to be as active as PM Goh.

After the parade was Singapore Idol, OH MY GOD, some peeps were just... frightening... But yeah, those who got the golden card deserved it...

Watching extreme makeover now but I'd better sleep soon 'cos I need to go to sch tmr to do
the library noticeboard... Haiz...

Btw, did'ya noe tt Singapore Night Safari was the first night zoo ever and that Singapore holds the record of having, I think, >1000 Singaporeans doing line dancing. I'm so proud of you Singapore, long live!!!!