Welcome to my life...

where everything comes alive...

Image by FlamingText.com
Image by FlamingText.com

Friday, June 25, 2004

Went to M'sia last week as most of ya noes.

Tuesday:
Went for that English course in the morning, then ran off to car to go straight to M'sia by 2nd link (very ex). After 1st toll, my 1st uncle oredi waiting, then we drove together to err... can't remember where... to have lunch and to wait for my 2nd uncle. So, then we went on, stopped a couple of times and finally we reached Istana Hotel in KL. I was like, "Oooooo, the first hotel I'll be sleeping in~!" Hahakz, so after checking in (as well as taking a lot of pics), I went to the car to get some stuff with ma dad while waiting for ma mum in da toilet (eventhough I already said I wanna go in first, grrr). After MY turn in da toilet, we (my fam n my 2nd unc fam) went to walk around the 'city'. Kinda boring... Things so ex, like Sg price lor. Then went to eat (so ex, so bland, I didn't even eat). I only bought 3-in-1 cd, songs look appealing but when listen... OMG! So... oldies... regret... Then we went back to hotel, I repacked my things and then read my book. My dad went down to meet my tour-guide uncle and my grandaunts. When I got bored, I decided to go down, but couldn't find them and I dun dare stay so long alone at night, so I went back and continued reading. It was so darn cold inside that I put on my jacket and slid in the covers beside my mum. At last I slept on the bed instead of the sofa where I was supposed to. Hehe...

Currently thinking: So pathetic, 1st time in hotel... Aiyo!!!

Wednesday:
Woke up round 7, bathed, packed whatever's left and then went for breakfast (there's a v wide variety, so yummy!). My 2nd aunt asked me to join my cuzzins, but I feel out of place with them. Well, so I took my things and listened to music at the lobby. Ok, so got called back, went up for things, checked out, off to Cameron Highlands. Ok, a very long journey, just to get to the foot of Cameron Highlands. I realised then I was in pahang, haha 2nd time in ma life! Woo hoot!!! So, we started going up and up and up, I willed myself not to vomit and I managed. We passed an Orang Asli village, stalls, stalls, stalls, about 2 cities (yah on the hill!), many hotels/motels and trees, trees, trees... Trees seem to love me v much this year, hahakz! After I dunno, 2 hrs/3 hrs? We reached the hotel (more of resort), very grand! All the way up, highest hotel, 5300km & 1628miles above sea level if I'm not mistaken... Checked in and OMG! I loved the place soooo much! The air is colder than the air-con at home! Too bad there's no snow, if not it'll be my perfect place to stay in. Ok, so I had a late lunch with my fam at the balcony, had a bone-chilling bath, washed my dirty laundry and then went out for dinner at one of the city (that's what I call larz, in Malay is 'bandar'.) Ok, I ordered chicken soup and my mouth was like... flaming! They put the small chili (cili padi) I dunno how many, I might have killed myself! There were like 15 peeps there and so the person taking orders got so mixed up and we were so pissed as we didn't get the food we asked for and there were dunno who's food on our table so we just ate lor. Aiyo! Oh, and my chicken soup was a 4 person serving, crazy... Ok, so returned to hotel (wasn't keen on eating durian with my tour-unc). I read and read and read my book (well, it's Son of the Shadows, of cos I juz can't stop) while my dad went out to watch Euro2004 at the big screen at lobby with my other 2 unc. However, after some time he returned, nobody was there! At the hotel, my dad switched on the tv, but I hear his snores very clearly. Hmm... ;) I was still reading when he realised the match has ended and went inside to sleep. I forced myself to close my book, forced myself to close my eyes, forced myself to withstand the cold and forced myself to sleep.

Thursday:
Another day at Cameron Highlands, glad for it... Went for breakfast at a nearby coffee-Mama shop. Had masala-thosai and regretted totally! It had the chilli again and after that one whole day I was sick, couldn't put anything in my mouth at all. So, the activity for that day, go all around Cameron Highlands. First stop - shops... Got bored, nothing much, it's like market, except got flowers and strawberries and more of these. Second stop - strawberry/tomato farm... The mums were off plucking flowers (illegally) while the dads and me and my cuzzins went down a slope past the cabbage/cauliflower farm to the strawberry/tomato farm. Shasha (my cuzzin) took some pics, which can be found at my luv_marl photobucket and then we went off to flower shop after flower shop, till finally we reached the tea plantation. The scenery was great! However, I couldn't go downhill to take pics 'cos of my headache since my stomach was rather empty and oso 'cos of da winding road, so I just sat down wherever I could to avoid spilling my guts out. Euek! I just visited the toilet, took a few pictures, followed my mum to buy packets and packets of tea and bought 4 Cameron Highlands keychain for RM10. After that we went to have lunch. I think I just had 5-10 small mouthfuls. Before going off, my parents and I walked past a few shops and I found a very nice keychain selling at RM3.50. One side says your horoscope while the other, Cameron Highlands. If only there were many colour choices... Mine was blue (and I can't find a bag to match it with) and I bought Sylvia's pink (I'll send it soon!). Ok, then after that, our next stop was Rose Farm (got such thing meh??). To get there, we had to go up, up, up and down, down on the next side past the Equatorial (our resort). I just wanted to beg my parents to go back and never get out anymore 'cos I was starting to have a stomachache and I really, really felt like puking when my unc said we went too far and must turn back. OMG!!! So, well we turned back, went up a v v v narrow hill up to the Rose farm (actually all this was just to satisfy my grandaunts) and discovered that we needed to go further up, very dangerously steep, so my tour unc asked my grandaunts if they still wanted to go and they said no. So, we turn around and went back down, down, down again (thank God!) past the Equatorial to the shops (No!!!! I nearly screamed). There, the mums bought flowers and more flowers while I sat at a coffeeshop trying to hold my stomach. Grr... they took such a long time I was so pissed. When we finally got back, I was in the toilet for a v long time! That night, no dinner for me, I just asked my dad to pack a packet of fried rice just in case. After that, my aunt asked if I'd like to play billiard (correct?) with her while the guys go for karaoke; and being bored, I agreed. However, we didn't get to play 'cause all the tables were taken and so we joined the karaoke. That was my (n my mum's) first time stepping into a karaoke lounge. They got me to sing a bit, and I think they regretted it 'cos my voice was croaky from the fever (I just realised how hot my forehead felt in there but as usual, fever is nothing to me, I can still walk... Why do you think am I never absent from school?). So, that was basically all for that day. Oh, I ate my rice that night so fast, I'm surprised at myself. I even wanted more, but of 'cos can't.

Friday:
Woke up like... 4 am??!! Couldn't sleep back, so read my book again, hahakz! Around 6, I started clearing my stuff, ready for check out. At dunno what time, I followed my parents to the shops to change a piece of t-shirt, too big... After that, I told my dad to buy me fried kway teow for my car ride, and I spent my time in the toilet AGAIN. When I got out, I got dressed and went outside to read. After some time, we checked out, took more pictures and off to Malacca! To get there, we used a safer new road, the side where we thought was the Rose Farm. One min I was the tour guide, the next the deep slumberer and then I realised we were out of Cameron Highlands, I missed a lot... So well, I started eating my mee and as you might have expected, all the way we stopped, continued, stopped and so on, all the way to our hotel in Malacca (oso like resort), Meritius(correct?) resort or something... I was still full, so I just asked for something light when my parents went for dinner (which I later regretted, 'cos they only bought a burger and my cuzzins' mee looks tastier...) while I went to my cuzzins' room (more like house since theirs had 2 rooms and a very big living room) to play card games - uno, tite and what-not larz. All hws abandoned, hahakz! When our parents returned, my parents and I went back to our room. Feeling very tired, I almost fell asleep straightaway, but then I realised I DON'T HAVE ANY CLEAN/DRY NIGHT CLOTHES!!! Lucky enough, my mum bought two night clothes when they went for dinner, phew!

Saturday:
Ok, I'm writing so a lot... Woke up, blah blah blah, breakfast was also a variety but I was kinda full to eat much, visited the souvenior shop and bought a pink bookmark, took bags from room, walked to the nearby beach to take pics (got horse!!! so nice, but can't ride 'cos not enuff time), got in car and off we go!!! Next stop: Mersing to my aunt's house. Reached there dunno wad time, followed my uncs and cuzzins to Ayer Hitam (I think) 'cos I already forgot how it looks like. While my cuzzins and 2nd unc swam (eventhough 'air surut'), my dad and I walked along the shops and I bought a very nice and comfy blue shirt. We then walked along the beach and as a habit, I started picking up nice seashells (I'll try to send one to you Sylvia). After some time we went 'home'. At around 7, the whole lot of us (maybe round 8) went shopping at a nearby row of shops. My mum bought more night clothes (only 1 for me...), my unc bought Siti Nurhaliza songs, walked a bit, saw a Bata shop and I was instantly attracted to a very nice pair of shoes round RM60 but no size :'(, walked summore and bought kitchenware and foodstuff to bring back to Sg. After that we crossed the road to look for jeans for me and my dad but none that's nice and so we got into the car. Inside I panicked, WHERE IS MY HP????? We searched the car, then retraced our steps and back to the supermarket where we asked the cashier. Lucky enough the person who found it didn't take it, lucky enough the cashier knows better than to shout and ask whose hp and lucky enough my unc knows the cashier and I got back my precious hp. Aiyo! I panicked like crazy, I nearly lost my mind! I mean $400 gone just like that, no way! When all was over, we went to a restaurant by the sea to eat seafood. Ok, I'm never, I repeat NEVER going back to the restaurant. There's practically nothing to eat and the food were so plain! After getting some bland food packed, again we returned 'home'. I went into the toilet and have a very long bath before playing card games with my cuzzins (ok, we're on very good terms already since our 'flower visits' at Cameron). Suddenly my aunt announced that her toe that was hit with something heavy was getting worse and needs a doctor so plans were made and half the house emptied out. My cuzzins and I went to their room and continued playing. After a few rounds my eyes were already drooping and I went to my fam's room to sleep.

Sunday:
Usual... Read book, watched tv, ate breakfast, can't remember what else and then suddenly my aunts and uncs returned with 3 cakes, 1 for my fam since my mum's b'day on 30th June and my dad's on 8th July! Felt a bit left out but hehe, somehow I got a v v v late b'day present from my 1st aunt, aiyoh! At bout 11 I think, we loaded our cars/van and made our way home!!! Can't remember what time reached home but I could just say Home Sweet Home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home